Published March 12th 2017 by Penny Wylder Books
Amazon Kindle: 124 Pages
Genre: Romance, Adult Romance, Erotica, BDSM, Contemporary Romance
By on Amazon | Add to Goodreads
SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS
I owe a million dollars to a man who could destroy my life.
Ruining my step-father’s business was an accident—but that’s not exactly comforting when I’m being forced to pay him back. He’s made it very clear: If I don’t repay him ASAP, my mother will take her own life to get him the insurance money. But I’d never let that happen.
I’ll handle this the only way I can…
I’ll sell my body.
Everything about this is scary. Then I meet my first client.
Giovanni is more ink than tanned skin; more muscle than bone. Becoming an escort was never my dream, but if every client is as sexy as him, maybe it won’t be so bad?
But Gio has plans for me. Dirty, filthy plans. Because any man that would pay a million dollars to make sure he’s my ONLY client—to take possession of me in every sense of the word—isn’t someone who acts “vanilla” behind closed doors.
If I let him own me, he’ll be my hero.
But what if I can’t handle what he wants?
This is a standalone novella with a HEA and NO cheating!
Penny Wylder writes just that– wild romances. Happily Ever Afters are always better when they’re a little dirty, so if you’re looking for a page turner that will make you feel naughty in all the right places, jump right in and leave your panties at the door!
I got swoon, steam and melted by this story. I’m a sucker for guys with Russian names, that have the whole Mafia vibe going on without out right saying they have their hands on something dirty *grins*
When I get into this kind of stories, and by that I mean, stories that are less than 200 pages on Kindle, I tend to expect the writing not to be as good or graving like a longer novel. I was dead wrong with this Penny Wylder book.
Book summed up in a few sentences? Corbella owns money to someone (we get to know how and who as the story develops) and to pay the money back without her mother “suffering the consequences”, she decides to sell her body. What she wasn’t expecting was Giovanni as her first (and only) client.
Now… this is where I’ll probably get into SPOILERS so if you keep on reading, you know what you’re up against.
In my opinion, this were the POSITIVE aspects that stood out the most.
- Holly shit the steam coming out of this book. I know it’s not Pulitzer worthy or whatever but damn. My panties were… asking for a break after I was done with this story.
- I was looking for a short sexy romance and I got exactly what I was looking for. Even got the surprise that the book was more grabbing than I was expecting it to be.
- BDSM was part of this story, even if it was a small part. I love books that have this dominant aspect to them. I do have to say that I see difference in the dominant from BDSM type books and alpha male type books. I like the former the most.
- The stepfather not being a crime Lord or something was a nice twist of events. I get that what he was doing was illegal anyways but I was expecting him to be like into the Mafia or something. Thumbs up to Penny Wylder for that change.
At the same time, this are the NEGATIVE traits that stood out for me.
- It can be looked as the author is saying that prostitution is OK if the motives or situations behind it life or death. I, personally, think the author just wanted to give us a hot smut story with a romantic twist and she did just that.
- The word slut and whore were used a lot. I don’t like name calling but in some stories it can be done. In this one, it was not good. It felt humiliating at points even though the person saying it didn’t mean it that way.
- I get that Corbella has to remind herself that Giovanni is a client and that she is doing this for mony. What I don’t like is that it was almost in every single thought she had. I think it wasn’t necessary to constantly remind the reader of those facts.
- A little bit more of Gio’s character development/background would have been amazing to read. I have a thing for misterious, dominant characters and he fit the bill.
A USA Today Bestselling author and #1 Amazon bestselling author, Penny Wylder writes what you’d expect– wild romances. Happily Ever Afters are always better when they’re a little dirty, so if you’re looking for a page turner that will make you feel naughty in all the right places, jump right in and leave your panties at the door!
Connect With the Author!
– Tell me, do you want me to fuck you?
– Yes, please, sir.
– That’s unfortunate. Because I don’t fuck sluts until I know who they are.